Project SEARCH is an international, unique, business-led, one year internship program that takes place entirely at the workplace. Collaborating with PathPoint, workplace immersion facilitates a seamless combination of classroom instruction, career exploration, and hands-on training through worksite rotations.
PathPoint has been designated the state liaison by Project Search headquarters.
PathPoint currently has Project SEARCH collaborations with:
- Mercy Hospital in Bakersfield
- Ronald Reagan Medical Center at UCLA in Los Angeles
- Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles Medical Center
- Henry Mayo Medical Center in Santa Clarita
- St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital in Camarillo
- St. John's Regional Medical Center in Oxnard
- Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
- Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo
The sole definition of a successful outcome is competitive employment for each Project SEARCH intern. Project SEARCH is a business-led program, which means that students learn relevant, marketable skills while immersed in the business and those businesses are active partners, participating without subsidies.
The program focus is on serving young adults with a variety of developmental disabilities, who experience total immersion in the workplace. Project SEARCH graduates receive effective follow-along services to retain employment.
For more information, please contact:
Vice President, Los Angeles Division
Phone: 818.773.9570 x1214
Joddie first started in PathPoint’s Integrated Work Program where he attended daily to work on prevocational skills. After seeing Joddie’s abilities it was suggested that he attend a yearlong internship through another PathPoint program called Project SEARCH. During his internship at Mercy Hospital in Bakersfield during that time, the Cafeteria staff noticed Joddie’s diligence and daily smile on his face at work. Read full story