California’s Central Valley is home to a rich array of public and private industry with a diverse and growing population. In 2007, the demand for expanded vocational opportunities for people with disabilities and disadvantages resulted in the creation of PathPoint’s newest regional division. PathPoint opened a program based in Bakersfield and focused on young adults with developmental or other disabilities. The increasing partnerships with local businesses and public entities have created new opportunities for people seeking greater independence.
Kern County Location:
4701 Stockdale Hwy
Bakersfield, CA 93309
Services Offered in Kern County
- Individual Supported Employment (ISE) prepares and supports individuals to enter the workforce through job development and direct employment with local businesses.
- External Situational Assessments (ESA) utilizes actual work sites to identify an individual’s current level of employability or as part of an eligibility determination through a short term work experience.
- Personal, Vocational, Social Adjustment (PVSA) assists individuals develop or reestablish skills, attitudes, personal characteristics, interpersonal skills, work behaviors, and functional capacities to achieve and maintain positive employment outcomes.
- Vocational Assessment Services assess basic information about an individual’s current education and vocational levels, abilities and interests.
- Project SEARCH is an international trademarked and copyrighted program model; a unique, business led, one year school-to-work program that takes place entirely at the workplace. Total workplace immersion facilitates a seamless combination of classroom instruction, career exploration, and hands-on training through worksite rotations.
COMMUNITY ACCESS SERVICES
- Integrated Work (IWK) gives individuals an opportunity to explore their vocational interests in small groups by contributing to their community through volunteerism or as trainees in community employment.
BEHAVIORAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- Life Skills Plus (LSP) services are designed to encourage meaningful interactions and community integration for people who have social or behavioral support needs.