PathPoint Believes in #JobsForAll
We have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of grassroots support from our local communities for the courtesy clerks recently laid off from the Haggen Markets. While we offer our sympathy to all employees affected by the stores’ staffing reductions, this layoff is especially difficult for the people PathPoint supports.
As a key component of a full and productive life, their job success paves the way for true inclusion into our community. And it’s so difficult to find that next job!
These are the faces of those you’ve come to know and respect over many years of friendly shopping. They add to the diversity and hard-working spirit of the PathPoint communities.
“I am confident that any employer would welcome the dedication and longevity that these courtesy clerks have demonstrated,” said Cindy Burton, President/CEO of PathPoint. “This is a timely opportunity for local businesses to explore the benefits of working with PathPoint to offer new opportunities for this workforce.”
We are thankful for the support you all have rallied. But the work doesn’t stop here. We need your help to create #JobsForAll. We invite employers who want to learn more about partnering with PathPoint to visit here. If you’d like to donate, your donations make it possible for PathPoint to provide job development and placement, job coaching, continued skills training, and other support to our dedicated population.
Please share your support with your social network, using the hashtag #JobsForAll.
We will continue updating this page as we receive new updates.
Again, on behalf of the people with special needs we support, THANK YOU for your advocacy.
- KEYT News: Fired Haggen Employees Can Seek New Jobs
- Noozhawk: Haggen Lays Off 14 Developmentally Disabled Employees in Santa Barbara County
- Santa Barbara Independent: Union Blasts Haggen for Layoffs and Cutbacks
- KEYT News: Haggen Lays Off More Employees on the Central Coast
- KCBX Radio: Central Coast Haggen layoffs cause stir among union employees, disabled community
- Edhat: Haggen Lays Off Developmentally Disabled Employees
- Santa Barbara Independent: Haggen Lays Off Developmentally Disabled Employees
- Santa Barbara Independent: Disabled Persons Need Not Apply