Connecting in San Luis Obispo County
San Luis Obispo County is known for its warm, casual atmosphere and the breathtaking beauty of rolling hills and unspoiled shoreline. Government and California Polytechnic State University are the largest employers, with agriculture, small business and retail centers serving as the economic engine of the county. Small counties offer unique challenges in opportunity creation, but PathPoint’s long area presence and history of partnerships with employers and public agencies provide the basis to support true independence.
- EVR, an Integrated Work program, a blend of employment and community access programs, provides individuals an opportunity to explore their vocational interests.
- Individual Supported Employment (ISE) prepares and supports individuals to enter the workforce by locating jobs with local employers to match the skills and interests of the person and by providing the support services necessary for job retention.
- Job Placement Services (JPS) works with individuals who need just a little help to access the local job market.
- Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) prepares low-income seniors (55 and over) to re-enter today’s workforce through paid training and work experience.
INDEPENDENT LIVING SERVICES
- Supportive Services Program (SSP) provides 12 to 20 hours of one-to-one instruction and independent living support per month.
- Supported Living Services (SLS) delivers in-home customized support and instruction designed to meet the needs of individuals who may require more than 30 hours (up to 24/7) of support per month to stay healthy and safe.
COMMUNITY ACCESS SERVICES IN SAN LUIS OBISPO
PathPoint would like to acknowledge the support of the San Luis Coastal Unified School District Adult School.
- LEAP I provides a wide range of services with particular emphasis on services for people who use assistive or augmentative equipment.
- ACTT (Advanced Computer Training and Technology) matches the specific computer application needs of the people we serve with today’s technology.
- SEP (Social Enrichment Program) services are designed to encourage meaningful interactions and community integration for people who have social or behavioral support needs.
- The Senior Activity Center is committed to the belief that all individuals regardless of their age or level of ability can continue to flourish and have a vital contribution to make to their community and society as a whole.
“I look forward to coming every day, it’s pleasant and I enjoy being around all the people.” Roger Russell (Active Senior since 2006)
COMMUNITY ACCESS SERVICES IN GROVER BEACH
- Community Access Services (CAS) is designed to support people in developing independent living and community safety skills with a focus on community involvement and prevocational job readiness skills.
- Life Skills Plus (LSP) services are designed to encourage meaningful interactions and community integration for people who have social or behavioral support needs.