PathPoint’s Ventura County Division has provided comprehensive training and support services to individuals with disabilities or disadvantages since 1985. Originally begun as a community access service for people residing at Camarillo State Developmental Center, PathPoint quickly expanded service options to keep pace with the growing county. That developmental center is long closed, but PathPoint’s Ventura Division continues to serve several hundred people a year. A diverse mix of urban and rural areas, Ventura County’s strong economic base, with its many major industries, provides multiple opportunities for people to live and work successfully in their home community.
Ventura County Locations:
1463 E. Los Angeles Ave
Simi Valley, CA 93065
501 Marin St, Suite 112
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Behavioral Health Services:
501 Marin St, Suite 100
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Services Offered in Ventura County:
- Integrated Work (IWK), a blend of employment and community access programs, provides individuals an opportunity to explore their vocational interests.
- Group Supported Employment (GSE) enables a work crew of 3 to 8 individuals employed by PathPoint to perform full-time or part-time work on a contractual basis with an employer.
- Work Adjustment Services (WAS) is transitional, time-limited, systematic services that use real work sites, to train individuals in the meaning, value, and demands of a job, to learn or reestablish skills, attitudes, personal characteristics, work tolerance, and behaviors appropriate and necessary for work.
- External Situational Assessments (ESA) utilizes actual work sites to identify an individual’s current level of employability or as part of an eligibility determination through a short term work experience.
- Personal, Vocational, Social Adjustment (PVSA) assists individuals to develop or reestablish skills, attitudes, personal characteristics, interpersonal skills, work behaviors, and functional capacities to achieve and maintain positive employment outcomes.
- Individual Supported Employment (ISE) prepares and supports individuals to enter the workforce through job development and direct employment with a local business. Also provides a "Job Coach" to assist the individual to learn and master all aspects of the new job. The coaching is available 100% of the time the person is working and fades to 20% over a five-month period. The job coach also helps ensure a successful placement by acting as a liaison between the individual and employer if needed.
- Job Placement Services (JPS) works with individuals who need help to successfully access the local job market. Services influce assistance with writing a resume, preparation for interviews and developing a strategy to secure the right job.
- Youth Networked Services (YNS) provides educational and employment support to youth ages 16-24 that are seeking opportunities and meet Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) eligibility requirements.
- Project SEARCH is an international trademarked and copyrighted program model; a unique, business led, one year school-to-work program that takes place entirely at the workplace. Total workplace immersion facilitates a seamless combination of classroom instruction, career exploration, and hands-on training through worksite rotations.
INDEPENDENT LIVING SERVICES
- Community Independent Living Program (CILP) offers intensive instruction in independent living skills while individuals live successfully in their own residences.
- Supportive Services Program (SSP) provides 12 to 20 hours of one-to-one instruction and independent living support per month in the individual’s home.
COMMUNITY ACCESS SERVICES IN VENTURA
- Discoveries offers a comprehensive community-based program that provides support and instruction to individuals who are not working full-time and desire opportunities to participate in the development of their vocational skills, interests, and social aptitudes. All aspects of the services will promote participant choice, safety, and vocational development as a means to improve the individual’s quality of life. In a variety of community or center-based settings, volunteer and paid work opportunities will be offered for the individual to explore his/her vocational interests, as well as forming valued relationships in the community.
- For participants who, for age or stamina reasons, are less interested in a rigorous vocational tract, DISCOVERIES has an option called Discoveries Alternative. Discoveries Alternative is a community based semi-retirement program designed to be an alternative to employment or vocational programs, yet provide an opportunity to achieve and/or maintain maximum social, intellectual, physical, sensory and emotional functioning levels. Activities emphasize communication, leisure, nutrition and health, exercise, artistic and musical expression and a variety of other components based on the interests of participants.
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES OFFERED IN VENTURA COUNTY:
- Life Skills Center is a Behavioral and Mental Health Rehabilitation day program that provides support to individuals with psychiatric disabilities by assisting in the recovery, restoration and relapse prevention of people with chronic mental illness. PathPoint contracts with Ventura County Behavioral Health and serves clients in the Conejo Valley (Simi Valley, Moorpark, Thousand Oaks, and Camarillo).