Los Angeles County
Since 1976, PathPoint’s Los Angeles County services have supported individuals and families in the San Fernando Valley. As demand increased, PathPoint expanded to the Antelope Valley, the Burbank/Pasadena area, and into the Torrance/Long Beach areas. The unique character of each part of Los Angeles County requires specific approaches to developing opportunities for an independent lifestyle for people with disabilities.
Los Angeles County Locations:
9430 Topanga Canyon Blvd, Suite 103
Chatsworth, CA 91311
9420 Topanga Canyon Blvd., Suite 201
Chatsworth, CA 91311
348 E Avenue K4, Suite B
Lancaster, CA, 93535
Services Offered in Los Angeles County:
- ACCESS/Discoveries: Available in Chatsworth, Lancaster, Long Beach- gives individuals an opportunity to explore their vocational interests through PathPoint’s arrangements with community employers (non-profit agencies, local municipalities, and various companies), while developing skills for independent community living.
- Group Supported Employment (GSE) enables a work crew of 3 to 8 individuals employed by PathPoint to perform full-time or part-time work on a contractual basis with an employer.
- Work Adjustment Services (WAS) is transitional, time-limited, systematic services that use real work or volunteer sites, to train individuals in the meaning, value, and demands of a job, to learn or reestablish skills, attitudes, personal characteristics, work tolerance, and behaviors appropriate and necessary for work.
- External Situational Assessments (ESA) utilizes actual work sites to identify an individual’s current level of employability or as part of an eligibility determination through a short term work experience.
- Personal, Vocational, Social Adjustment (PVSA) assists individuals develop or reestablish skills, attitudes, personal characteristics, interpersonal skills, work behaviors, and functional capacities to achieve and maintain positive employment outcomes.
- Individual Supported Employment (ISE) prepares and supports individuals to enter the workforce through job development and direct employment with a local business.
- Job Placement Services (JPS) works with individuals who need just a little help to access the local job market.
- Project SEARCH is an international trademarked and copyrighted program model; a unique, business led, one year school-to-work program that takes place entirely at the workplace. Total workplace immersion facilitates a seamless combination of classroom instruction, career exploration, and hands-on training through worksite rotations.
INDEPENDENT LIVING SERVICES
- Community Independent Living Program (CILP) offers intensive instruction in independent living skills while individuals live successfully in their own residences.
- Independent Living Services (ILS) provides 12 to 20 hours of one-to-one instruction and independent living support per month.
COMMUNITY ACCESS SERVICES
- Community Access Project (CAP) – Lancaster- provides a wide range of services to individuals with moderate to severe physical and developmental disabilities.
- Pathfinder- a behavioral day program that serves our participants with severe disabilities in San Fernando Valley of North Los Angeles County who are transitioning out of the developmental centers.